Friday, February 26, 2010

Leaving Bangalore.....

“Kabhi Palko Main Aaso Hai
Kabhi Lab Pe Shikayat Hai
Magar Ai Zindigi Phir Bhi
Mughe Tughse Mohabbat Hai”

The lyrics from the Kishore Kumar's song kind of define my feelings at the moment as I leave Bangalore. I am going to Calcutta where I always wanted to go but this busy and bustling city has been my home for the past two and half years. “You can't get everything in life” they say and it holds true for me as I leave this city tomorrow. The idea doesn't seem to sink that all that is a part of my everyday life now will be a thing of the past within a few days.

It was almost two and half years back on 28th August 2007 that I had stepped foot on the Silicon Valley of India. Coming from a small town almost 3000 kms away I had very few friends here and hardly knew anybody in this happening city. But somehow this city welcomed me. It is a feeling hard to define but here I was in the most vibrant city of India and yet didn't feel out of place. The roads were bust but they didn't scare me, the buildings were tall but they didn't dwarf me.

When I moved from the hotel to the PG, I felt more at home as I was in the company of many like me who had come to make a career, those who were already well established and a few who had a few stories to tell. Slowly I became friends with many of them and soon started the process of interviews. After failing to clear some interviews, I came to truth with this city when a guy in the PG told me “Yeh Bangalore hai beta, yaha pe sirf kaam bolta hai” (This is Bangalore, only work speaks here).

Looking back, I cannot think of a better statement that can define this city. In less than 48 hours I will be gone from this city, if not for ever but professionally I presume. Here people have taught me the true meaning of professionalism and how to set standards just not for the nation but for the globe. The real cosmopolitan nature of this city allows the best of people in the country to work together and no wonder this city has become a 'verb' for industry leaders around the world.

I can't just digest the idea that I won't seen the Forum Mall daily with all the beautiful women around! The Anna Sambar and dinner in the Andhra Mess at night will be a piece of nostalgia in my life. I will miss the comfort of travelling in the Volvos around the city. But above all I will miss the people I lived with, I worked with. Guys, you are the ones who have made life special for me in this city and I will take those memories and cherish them throughout my life.

I may leave Bangalore but Bangalore won't leave me!

7 comments:

cara sarkar February 26, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

I can feel what you are going through now. As you leave Bangalore and start a new life in Kolkata, we (would include a lot of people in oneindia)would try to carry on without you...
All The Best!

Wallpapers February 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

All the Best for your future... We guys will miss u...

arnab deb February 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

bhai u r getting over emotional...its just a city, nothings ever majestic about a metro city ....cheer up u r going back to place u belong...with bong girls around u ll surely not miss bangalore....all the best.. ph no dis pouchaiya...

Unknown February 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

Life is like that only Deep..But its good that yoyu are going to be with your loved ones..Just saying always be in touch..

Prakash Upadhyaya February 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Beta, just i read ur blog, cool, but this is not the end, Bengaluru welcomes u always....so as Greynium

Unknown February 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

I will always remember the statement you made today morning that "Bangalore teaches men to work"... We will really miss you at PG..

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP