Monday, August 3, 2009

A tribute to my dear friend Tittu

By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee

Twenty years ago I had met you when we both were in the nursery class of St. Thomas School. Little did I know you will be one of the best friends in my life. The world always considered you a rebel who did not want to do things the conventional way but at the end of the day you were a friend to many of us. A friend whose friendship we took pride and a friend who would always answer to our call.

The news your untimely death has left a vacuum in our lives. As the world celebrated Friendships Day we mourned the death of a buddy who grew along with us. I just can’t stop recalling those joyous moments of our lives which we spent together. The days when we grew up together will always be fresh in my minds The naught act of childhood and the pranks of teenage will always be remind me you.

The days come back to my mind when all our attempts to teach you the game of cricket failed. The sight of you bunking school to steal oranges and peaches will bring a smile on my face for ever. You might have troubled many neighbours with your never ending pranks but the same people will today mourn your untimely death.

Never will you be there with us in our moments of joy. Never will you be there to entertain us with your unique sense of humour. Everything will still be the same and life will go on as normal as it should but there will be the absence of a unique character in our lives. You will certainly be watching us from distance but your absence will leave emptiness in our lives.

Death may have snatched you from us but your friendship will always be a prized possession in my life. I will cherish those memories for years to come, relive them and enjoy the joyous moment we spent together. Wherever you are my friend may you find all pleasure and happiness that has been denied to you in your short span of life here Life would always been a lesser thing had I not come across a character like you. My dear friend may your soul rest in peace.

8 comments:

arnab deb August 3, 2009 at 12:02 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
arnab deb August 3, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

its still a shock to me..cant just believe he is gone. i knew him right from my childhood. he was too young to die. this was not his time to go. may god bring peace to his soul.

Sumanjit deb August 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown August 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

I still remember those days when we used to talk about our bikes...al though he dont know any thing abt two wheelers still he never stoped commenting on that...this is a shock man...his sound still echoes in my ear...(Raj da buchoo ni)....may his soul rest in peace

Unknown August 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

Man, can u believe dis? i just can imagine.. wat must b goin on in bittu's mind? he i m so broken by dis news.. RIP bro.. same 4 Mantu too.. sad at wat happened.. miss ya guys

Unknown August 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

tittu......love you bro.
but this was not the time to go...
will always miss you..............

Sumanjit deb August 8, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

i was stunned to hear about this shocking news from Subhadeep last night.i still can remember those days of childhood when we played together,studied in the same school.........had lots of fun during the Pujas.Shillong wont b the same without him. May his soul rest in peace........

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP