Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Facebook Quotes And What They Mean

By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee


Study shows the most hard working people in today's industry spend 2 hrs on an average on Facebook. No wonder we have people who are so busy and stressed with their work life!!!!! Here are a few common things that people have to say about Facebook:

I can't talk over the phone now I am busy - This means - My friend is online and I want to be back to Facebook. I can't miss being a part of some meaningless discussion. My online personality is more important than my real one.

I have N hundred friends in Facebook - This means all my life I struggled to make real friends and over the last few years have accepted every friendship request that has come across. If I need blood I will get links of blood banks, if I need to speak my heart out I have to chat and if I need some money I will see people offline!!!

I have to send some urgent mail - This means - There is nothing so urgent about me in my workplace I have to comment on people's status and pictures as I am seriously bored with my own pictures and status

I have to go for an urgent meeting - This means I don't want chat with you any more. I am bored with your talk. If you can sense it please do not disturb me again any time soon. By the way when I am bored and get you online I will ping you!!!

I don't check Facebook much - This means - I check Facebook regularly and am always logged in but offline mode. I want to show and publicly announce that I am busy and this is the best possible way in which I can do it.

I am seldom online - This means -I always used to be online but no one chats with me so choose to remain offline to protect my personal ego that I am important although others don't quite agree with the thought.

I still am loyal to Orkut - I haven't been able to figure out how Facebook works although tried doing it. The complexity here is too much and I feel home at Orkut where I play on my home ground!!!!

All this from work place and we are all busy in our office.....Wonder if some how Facebook could be integrated into daily work!!!!

5 comments:

Avishek Ganguly December 29, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Well written. actually this proves that we are becoming less naturally human and more like machines. People today take pride in being dominated by machines rather than by their own brains.

Prakash Upadhyaya December 29, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Ky baat hey sir... engaging article... ur everyword resembles one or the other...

Neeraj Bhatia January 26, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

hmm.. coincidently reached at your blog but nevertheless i like this and one major difference if you allow me to put in here is:-
Orkut suits me:-
This means I love orkut because it never restrict me and give full freedom there i am n3εr4j βhατια ^-^
but this facebook allows me to write my name as seen last on my school certificate...!!

Poignant Soliloquies September 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Poignant Soliloquies September 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM  

Pretty much "almost real"...nice job

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP